Sunday, October 03, 2010

Welcome to the Sunflower Healing Newsletter

Welcome to the new blog for Sunflower Healing. I started this blog inside of my commitment to share healing practices I have learned over the years that have helped me maintain my health and develop a well-being strategy.

My journey began early on when my mother would give me massage when my legs would cramp due to growing pains. Later, I actively started learning about massage when I was 15 and continued searching out talented mentors who taught me about meditation, massage, acupressure, tai chi, chi gong, yoga and many other practices to help me lead a balanced lifestyle.

Although it is true that as a society we are living longer, more productive lives, yet how many of us live those additional years feeling healthy and vibrant? There has never been a time without pain and suffering. Our ancestors recognized this and is why we have wonderful healing practices such as yoga and massage.

Anma massage was developed over 5000 years ago in India and China and brought over to Japan about 1200 years ago. They began by using stones to press into points that would alleviate pain. It later developed into the nine techniques it is today and you can see influences of anma in just about all modern massage modalities today.

Our eastern brothers and sisters believe the human body is like a garden. We must keep the weeds at bay to allow for healthy crops. This idea is gradually taking hold in the United States. For years allopathic medicine has taken on a mechanic mentality taking out and replacing parts and administering drugs to help make the body run better. Allopathic medicine has a critical role to play when it comes to our health, but it is by no means the full picture.

In the east, people understand that as soon as we are born, we must take care of our health by adopting a wellness strategy. Like a garden, we must continually remove the weeds that would hinder the health of our crops. Unhealthy foods, stress, chemicals in our water and pollution of our products are the weeds we must begin to eliminate. When these factors are eliminated or reduced, our bodies is able to function the way they were meant to - vibrantly healthy.

In this newsletter, we will begin to explore well-being strategies and healing practices that have been used for thousands of years. Through my access to many great teachers, I have found a myriad of practices that work for me and am excited to share those with you.

What will your well-being strategy be?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, all the time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the
morning, since i like to learn more and more.
my web page > http://briggshemorrhoids.blog.com/2012/10/24/provillus-otc-simple-tips-for-using-provillus/